Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Rant, A Rave, And Somewhere In-Between...

The last few weeks I have been noticeably absent. Maybe not to you, or maybe...but definitely to me. I debated whether I wanted to share any of this....I've teetered back and forth about it. Today I'm feeling like F##CK it, so I may regret it later, but I'm plunging off the ledge anyway. After all, this is meant to be real, which sometimes means raw as well. It isn't always unicorns and butterflies, despite my own utopian fantasies of what I wish the 'real world' actually was. This is me. The good, bad, and sometimes, the deflated.

It started with a call 3 weeks ago. My biological father had a major stroke. This would be difficult no matter what, but due to our somewhat 'arms length' relationship, it has been it's own particular breed of hard...and strange. Trying to care for him, and getting to know him a little, all compiled into one surreal experience. I have spent the last 23 days straight trying to juggle the hospital every day, the very last of the book edits, my 2 other hats (Jobs), and my family at home. Sometimes I feel like a mime in Central Park. Like I'm living in this shadow box, with all these people passing by while I'm feverishly struggling to untangle myself from some invisible rope. It isn't that I don't feel lucky on so many levels, just a bit overwhelmed and maybe forgotten from time to time.

Which brings me to my RaVe....
The season finale of 'Game of Thrones' was killer! I'm sad that it's over, but looking forward to next year. Danny is one of my favoritist characters on the show and they gave a pretty good indication that she'll be playing a more prominent role in the story line to come. I can't wait! She is a strong, beautiful, bad-ass and I think it's fun to watch her evolving. Plus, she's the mother of dragons!! I can't wait to see what they do with them as they get bigger, and how they'll play into everything going on past the wall. Secretly I'm hoping she hooks up with Jon Snow. Yummy!! Together they could kick (or melt!) some serious 'White Walker' ass!! Take that half-decayed zombies.

 Check it out next season on HBO!

Then, right after shedding a metaphoric tear over the ending of 'Thrones', I got my other fave 'True Blood' back in it's place in my line up. Hoorah!!! I had almost forgotten how extremely hot Alexander Skarsgard was...if that's even possible! The premiere started off with a bang...literally ( a recap of Debbie Pelt blasting Tara, in case you'd forgotten LOL)...then the unthinkable. The twist of making Tara a vamp was spectaculor! I can't wait to see her playing that role. It's fun to see how all the actors on the show can stretch. Kinda like when LaFayette was Mavis, or Marni was Antonia...I love all the twists the writers throw in! The bestest part is Russel Edginton is Back!!!! Even though we didn't actually see him in the premiere...he's there...and I can't wait!! Now if they could just write Franklin back in for a minute, I'd be ecstatic! He was the funniest thing that's ever happened to the trubies!

 Sunday nights at 9 HBO...Must See!!

So there it is.

Clearly feeling a bit bi-poler+ish today!! On the plus side, I have a full cup of coffee, a full pack of smokes, and a full day ahead ro reflect on it all. We'll see how it goes ;-)

Peace and LoVe
Out for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing...Peace