Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finding Summerland - Excerpt 10

Finding Summerland

**EXCERPT 10
In this excerpt Wesley has awoken to an empty house. No note or explanation from Olivia. He is lost and confused as he tries to understand what has happened to her. To read earlier excepts....search the tag #SampleSunday.

Taken from Chapter 25 - Bare

After sulking, and feeling sorry for myself, I headed back to our spot. Sitting down on a pile of wet sand I scooped up the dress. It smelled sweet, like the perfume Katie had doused her with earlier, and the scent of her hair. I pressed it closer, breathing it in....picturing her face. Everything had been so perfect just hours ago. Here I was again. Lost and hopeless.


I held the dress in my arms, as I curled up on the earth and cried. My tears falling to a deaf world. Feeling oblivious. I should be full of rage. Angry at the one who took her. Angry at my complete failure. Angry at anything. That’s how I handled things. It was what I knew.

But I wasn’t.

I felt nothing. Like I could stay here until I disappeared. Just never get up. Become invisible. My mind wandered a million different directions as I tried to get a grasp on what was happening. Should I go to Ever’s? I knew I needed to tell her, but didn’t find any comfort in repeating what Katie had told me. It wouldn’t bring her back.

A shooting star streaked across the horizon and I remembered how much Olivia loved watching the sky. The first night we met, we counted the stars for hours, creating our own patterns and naming them silly things. I wondered if she could see it from where she was now. If we were looking towards the same sky.


I wanted it to be a bad dream.

Closing my eyes as tight as I could, I tried to find her. If I could just concentrate harder, I might be able to reach her. The harder I tried to relax, the more sick I felt. My head was spinning in a centrifuged swirl. Focusing all my energy on images stored forever in my heart. Pieces of Olivia borrowed, or left behind.


******************************************************
Thank you for stopping by-Hope you have a groovy week...
visit again soon :)
Please share by pushing the share buttons
and if you like to follow the blog...
That would be even groovier :)
Peace~Paige

BTW...Finding Summerland...available NoW $2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing...Peace