Saturday, December 22, 2012

Finding Summerland - Excerpt 7

Finding Summerland    
 **EXCERPT 7
In this excerpt Wesley meets the mysterious Olivia for the first time. This will be the beginning of an entire new paradigm for Wes.....and neither can prepare them for what comes next. To read earlier excepts....search the tag #SampleSunday.

Taken from Chapter 6 - Angel

She didn’t say anything back, but turned and started walking back to the driftwood where I’d been sitting. She sat down on the log, burying her feet in the sand, wiggling her toes around like I had. I sat next to her…my stomach doing somersaults inside.

We stared up at the stars. Silent, but connected. Like we were both players in some cosmic ballet. I felt like I’d found an old friend from some place I used to know.

She pointed out pictures in the sky. Things I’d never noticed before. Like looking through a new lens, everything with her was interesting. From the stories she shared, to the way she viewed the world. I had never met anyone quite like Olivia. 


We stayed up talking until the sun began to peak up from the horizon…reminding us of how long we’d been there. Time; the great thief was approaching, and I wasn’t ready. I had never talked so much in my life. It came so naturally with her. I felt like I could be real. No walls. No boundaries. Just a boy and girl, brought together by chance. Today I was just Wesley.

It felt cleansing, shedding the cloak of what I was supposed to be, what was expected...or demanded. She had no notions of any of that. We were simply here.

I didn’t ever want it to end. But of course it wouldn’t be that simple. We looked at each other under the illumination of the fiery orange sunrise, both knowing the time had come. She began to stand, her legs covered in a dusty grey film, closing her eyes to feel the warmth of the brilliant glow light up her face. 

“I should probably get back.” She said, still gazing over the mirrored water.


I turned to look at her. I didn’t want to let her go…like it had all been a dream. I was afraid of not finding her again. Her immense blue eyes stared back at me. She was surreal. I was so distracted, I couldn’t remember what I was planning on saying to make her stay. She started walking away.

****************************************************** 

 Thank you for stopping by-Hope you have a groovy week...

visit again soon :)
Please share by pushing the share buttons 

and if you like to follow the blog...

That would be even groovier :)
Merry Christmas Everyone!! 

Peace~Paige

BTW...Finding Summerland...available NoW $2.99


Kindle 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing...Peace