Saturday, December 29, 2012

Finding Summerland - Excerpt 8

Finding Summerland    
 
 **EXCERPT 8
In this excerpt Wesley sees Olivia again. It is there first encounter since meeting, and he begins to realize how connected he feels to her.........he just doesn't know why yet. To read earlier excepts....search the tag #SampleSunday.

Taken from Chapter 7- Surrender

She was a sight, standing there. I was speechless. I had never  seen her without wet hair and both times she had been swallowed up in over sized clothes. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. It dawned on me what she might look like if she were actually trying.


“Wesley…everything alright?”

“You look beautiful,” I stuttered back. Her disposition changed, and she smiled shyly.

“Ohh.”

“I made some hot water. Would you like some tea?” I offered awkwardly. Trying to recover.

“I don’t think I’ve ever tried tea. Do you like it?”

“It’s good for warming up, otherwise no, I can’t really say I’m a tea guy,” I told her honestly, laughing a little because I was still so nervous.

“Perfect.”

I poured a mug and stirred in a big teaspoon of sugar. I handed it to her and we headed to the living room. Once she had gotten settled in she took a sip.

“Mmm, you’re right Wesley. It is warm.”

I loved the way she said my name. Usually only teachers and my Mother called me by my full name, which meant I was in trouble. The kids in school all knew to call me Wes. But coming from her lips it sounded perfect.


“Are you hungry or anything?” Not sure what should happen next. There were so many things I wanted to ask. I just wanted to know her.

“I ate earlier.”

“Me too. I was trying to keep myself busy,” I admitted; saying too much accidentally.

“Busy from what?” she seemed interested enough to make me feel a little better about the blunder.

“You wanna know the truth?”

“What else is there?” she looked perplexed. She had such a different way of looking at the world. Like she hadn’t been corrupted or damaged like the rest of us.


“I’ve been thinking about you practically non stop since we met last night. It’s been driving me crazy waiting to see you again.” I was surprised how good it felt to say it out loud.

She smiled a little but didn’t respond. It was like she was torn about it. Or about me. She was giving me mixed signals.

“I couldn’t wait to see you either,” she said finally, seeming almost sad.

What could possibly be wrong…why did she seem so torn? I thought to myself. I hoped she wasn’t engaged or promised for an arranged marriage or something. We were obviously from two different worlds.

“Olivia, what’s wrong?” I feared what she may say, but was dying to hear it anyway.

“Nothing’s wrong....” she was careful choosing her next words, “I don’t know how to describe it. Everything is right for the first time and I don’t understand it. Why now?”



Her face was conflicted. Maybe she was more like me than I thought. Something was definitely happening between us. I’d never felt this way about anyone, or anything before.

“I don’t know what’s happening either, but I trust it,” I said with absolute conviction.

I took her hand, holding it for the first time with meaning. We stopped talking and she left her hand in mine. It felt like it was meant to be there. A perfect fit. I didn’t feel like I needed anything. Just me and her, right here, right now was enough.

****************************************************** 
 Thank you for stopping by-Hope you have a groovy week...
visit again soon :)
Please share by pushing the share buttons 
and if you like to follow the blog...
That would be even groovier :)
Peace~Paige

BTW...Finding Summerland...available NoW $2.99

Kindle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing...Peace